Somerset LMC Weekly Update Friday 3rd February 2017
Date sent: Friday 3 February 2017
All Somerset GPs and Practice Managers
- Alternative Reflections the latest Blog from LMC Chairman this week appraisal, STPs pneumococcal and how far can red wine travel!
- GPC Road Show Contract Changes 17/18 21st February Holiday Inn Taunton please book
- Rising Number of Flu A cases
- LMC and SGPET Nurse Advisor
- Lead Manage Thrive 28th February 2017
- Vaccine Update Issue 257 - January 2017 - Immunisation news
- RCGP GP Forward View Interim Assessment
- SGPET Short Survey
- RCGP Reinvigorating GP Careers Workshop
Rising Number of Flu A cases Public Health reports that more flu cases are currently being reported. However, The prevalent strain mostly causes relatively minor symptoms, which means that sufferers may continue to struggle into work or school. It's important if you suspect flu to try to make sure that they don't so that we have a better chance of preventing transmission.
LMC and SGPET Nurse Advisor Marion Baker who has been an invaluable resource to both the LMC and the Education trust over the past 6 Years will be retiring from her post at the end of March. Marion has been instrumental in building the extensive programme we now have for Practice Nurses and HCAs, a huge support to practices and their Nursing staff, and too many other initiatives to mention here. We are pleased that Paula Messenger who was formerly the CCG Nurse advisor will be taking up the post from April and is currently working along side Marion to ensure a smooth handover.
Lead Manage Thrive 28th February 2017 This course funded by GPFV money for practice managers training will build on the ten high impact actions covering Developing your team by looking at teamwork, dysfunctional teams, how to manage meetings and influence your colleagues Enhancing personal productivity with time management techniques, how to be proactive about managing workload, delegation and personal leadership.
- Developing QI Expertise by focusing on improvement at all levels including culture and change, QI and the PDSA cycle
- Sharing effective ways of working with colleagues.
- Creating a productive work environment by empowering you to make the changes needed in your practice to help boost efficiency and motivation.You will leave with lots of tools and techniques that you can use to make positive changes back in the practice the next day!
Delegates will also receive the Lead Manage Thrive handbook covering additional content to that covered on the day and a free subscription for a year to www.gpcpd.com. We would encourage all practice Managers to attend this event, please book online
RCGP GP Forward View Interim Assessment The success of the GP Forward View rests on its pledges being implemented on time and in full. The College welcomed the GP Forward View when it was published in April 2016 but we also pledged to members that we would hold the Government, NHS England, Health Education England (HEE) and others to account for the successful delivery of the plan. Link to full report
SGPET Short Survey Numbers attending the SGPET GP sessions remains high and the survey monkey feedback is helpful for planning, however we always strive to improve and would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete a short survey with any ideas, questions and educational needs for the coming year, the link will remain open until 28th February. Survey
RCGP Reinvigorating GP Careers Workshop 16 March 2017 Engineers House, Bristol Are you looking for ways to reinvigorate your career or perhaps inspiration to improve your working day? Would you benefit from some time and space to think about your career and engage with a range of interesting speakers and stimulating workshops?. Full Details
TEL: 01823 331428