Somerset LMC Weekly Update Friday 13th January 2017
Date sent: Friday 13 January 2017
Sent to all Somerset GPs and Practice Managers This and previous updates can be found here
- Lead Manage Thrive:Practice Manager Day 28th February
- Training for Reception and Clerical staff
- GPC Roadshow 21st February
- Stop blaming GPs: GPC Executive rebuttal of some of the media stories blaming GPs for the NHS crisis.
- GPC Guidance for practices serving atypical populations
- Hints and tips for dispensing contractors
Lead Manage Thrive:Practice Managers Day 28th February Taunton Racecourse
This course funded by GPFV money for practice managers training will build on the ten high impact actions covering
- Developing your team by looking at teamwork, dysfunctional teams, how to manage meetings and influence your colleagues
- Enhancing personal productivity with time management techniques, how to be proactive about managing workload, delegation and personal
- Developing QI Expertise by focusing on improvement at all levels including culture and change, QI and the PDSA cycle
- Sharing effective ways of working with colleagues.
- Creating a productive work environment by empowering you to make the changes needed in your practice to help boost efficiency and motivation.You will leave with lots of tools and techniques that you can use to make positive changes back in the practice the next day!
Delegates will also receive the Lead Manage Thrive handbook covering additional content to that covered on the day and a free subscription for a year to www.gpcpd.com. We would encourage all practice Managers to attend this event, book online
Training for Reception and Clerical staff We have managed to secure some of the GPFV for this training, a provider has been identified and ideally we would like to deliver this in practices, possibly 3-6 at a time. Could you please have chat within your federations and let the office know a lead practice to contact for each cluster to arrange this training. firstname.lastname@example.org
GPC Roadshow 17/18 contract changes: 21st February Holiday inn Taunton We have secured a roadshow for Somerset on the contract changes negotiated by the GPC for the 17/18 contract, there will be a light supper available from 6.45 with the presentation commencing at 7.30, for catering purposes please book online
TEL: 01823 331428