St Margaret's Hospice is Here to Help
St. Margaret’s Hospice has been supporting patients with any life-limiting conditions – not just cancer – and their families for almost 40 years. The charity provides a range of services to you and your patients across Somerset, including:
- 24-hour advice and response line – 0845 070 8910 – for patients, families and care professionals, including care homes, to access palliative care advice 24 hours a day. Callers do not need to be known to St. Margaret’s to access advice.
- Community Services – including:
- The Sunflower Centre – Daily sessions at the Taunton and Yeovil hospices for patients and carers, including symptom control and support, courses, signposting and advanced care planning
- Outpatient clinics
- Physiotherapy and breathlessness management clinics
- Support groups
- Community support volunteers
- Specialist clinical and social care services
- Specialist domiciliary visits
- Care home support
Requests for community involvement will be triaged by the specialist team and directed to the most appropriate service.
- Supportive Care services – including family and bereavement support for families of all ages and carers of patients known to St. Margaret’s services.
- In-patient Units –12-bed units in Taunton and Yeovil to support patients with the most complex symptom control needs that cannot be managed in the community.
For further information, please visit www.st-margarets-hospice.org.uk or call 0845 070 8910.