Somerset LMC Weekly Update Friday 17th March 2017
Date sent: Friday 17 March 2017
All Somerset GPs and Practice Managers
- SPQS and SSs' SOSs the latest Blog from LMC Chairman Dr Nick Bray
- New GP Retainer Scheme
- Medical Appraisal documentation access statement
- Emis searches for the prevalence work
- New Provider of Occupational Health
- What's New for Sessional GPs e newsletter
- CQC inspection of Vocare
- HPV Vaccination for Boys
New GP Retainer Scheme: Are you a GP who:
- wants to reduce your hours due to carer or parental responsibilities?
- is in the later stage of your career, are thinking of retiring as a partner, but might consider working reduced hours and maybe work in a different practice?
- is currently a partner but would like to reduce your hours to a part-time salaried role?
- Is a locum, but would like to take up a part-time salaried role?
For full details of the new scheme and the Somerset contact for information please see detail on LMC website here
Medical Appraisal documentation access statement The medical revalidation and appraisal processes have been designed so the appraisal inputs are confidential between the doctor and the appraiser. In the vast majority of cases the appraisal outputs provide all the information which the RO needs to make an assured recommendation to the GMC about a doctor’s revalidation. There are a number of circumstances where persons other than the appraiser may require access to the appraisal documentation and these are set out in this document.
Emis searches for the prevalence work Apologies to all, these should have been included in last weeks update with the guide but due to the format we were unable to load to the website, they are now attached.
New Provider of Occupational Health Following a procurement process, NHS England (South) has appointed Heales Medical Group to provide the new occupational health service to GPs and NHS dentists across the region. Heales Medical is an established provider of occupational health services to both private and public sector organisations letter and further information
CQC inspection of Vocare Out of Hours Service the regional manager of CQC has asked if practices would be prepared to display a poster in their waiting rooms to obtain feedback from patients on the service that Vocare delivers please download the poster here
HPV Vaccination for Boys As part of HPV Action's work, they are running a very brief survey of GPs and dentists, seeking their views. This takes only a few seconds to complete if you have time Survey
TEL: 01823 331428
Attached file: LMC March 2016 v2.zip