Somerset LMC weekly Update Friday 15th February 2019
Date sent: Friday 15 February 2019
All Somerset GPs and Practice Managers This and previous Updates can be found here
- Incidental Music The latest Blog from LMC Chairman Dr Nick Bray
- Save the Date: LMC/CEPN/GP Board Study day on Networks- Tuesday 9th April Taunton Racecourse (full detail next week)
- CQC reimbursement - reminder
- Indemnity Costs
- Falsified Medicines Directive
- Deputy Executive Director Somerset LMC
CQC reimbursement - reminder In 2016, the GPC negotiated for practices’ CQC fees to be fully reimbursed by their Commissioner. This is a practice entitlement, therefore please ensure your practice claims, currently this is via NHSE by completing this claim form and returning together with the CQC invoice to email@example.com
Indemnity costs Following some queries since the announcement, the GPC have had discussions with the medical defence organisations regarding the likely indemnity costs for their membership offering after April, and so far they have shared the following information:
- The MDOs are in the later stages of pricing the post-April product and are expected to announce this soon.
- GPs are advised to remain members of one of the MDOs to ensure they have cover for GMC, criminal/coroners cases, private reports etc.
- There will be a competitive market for this cover after April and this is likely to influence pricing decisions
- In the meantime all indications suggest the market rate for this cover is likely to be broadly in range with GPC expectations
- Renewals falling due before April 1st are likely to be in line with current costs
- All trainees will be covered for clinical negligence under the CNSGP scheme.
Falsified Medicines Directive GPC state that practices 'could' register and the DDA advice is that practices should, You can register as a requestor on the Securemed website but cannot proceed with full registration as currently the software will only allow you to get so far as it then needs details of the equipment, which the GPC and DDA are advising practices not to buy as it should be centrally funded.Therefore we would advise that you do not proceed with the full registration, but merely remain a requestor.
Deputy Executive Director Somerset LMC 30 Hours a week We are looking for a Deputy to support the executive director as they plan to reduce their current working hours, if you would like to be part of a fab team,work for a proactive forward thinking LMC and have the relevant enthusiasm and experience then please do apply, full detail and job Description can be found here , if you would like a chat about the role please do give me a ring at the office
We have updated our privacy policies on both the Somerset LMC and Somerset GP Education trust websites.