Leading Collaboratively within GP Networks (BMA)
Somerset LMC event
Thursday 29 September 2016 at Canalside Conference Centre, Bridgwater
This is a morning event.
Times: 09:15 - 13:15
Food is provided at this event.
Aims and learning outcomes
This practical workshop is suitable for GPs & senior managers who are taking a lead in creating collaborative GP Networks. Whether you are at the early stages of setting up GP Networks or in an established network there is a lot that can be gained from attending a leadership day that concentrates the learning from how to lead, engage and inspire GP Networks.
This is a highly interactive session that will provide you with hands-on advice on how you can develop your collaborative leadership skills both from a theoretical and practical perspective. This day will benefit your network in relation to your patients, practices and communities.
- What you will gain from the course
- Understand what collaborative leadership means in relation to GP Networks
- Undertaking a collaborative skills inventory enabling you to see where your collaborative strengths are as well as areas for improvement
- An insight into tools for making effective strategic decisions, stakeholder engagement and managing change
- An appreciation of the nuances involved when leading virtual teams
- An opportunity to discuss the leadership challenges that you face in a GP Network, sharing best practice with others
Registration at 9.15am.
Canalside Conference Centre, Bridgwater
Marsh Lane, Huntworth, Bridgwater, TA6 6LQ
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Please contact event organisers to discuss
Name: Sarah Johns
Phone: 01823 331428
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Please log in to book this event
This event is open to Somerset GPs, Practices and their staff in the Somerset LMC area. Some events may be open to other healthcare providers, details will be listed in the event.