GP - salaried with view to partnership – Redgate Medical Centre
Salaried GP with view to Partnership
Redgate Medical Centre - Just off Junction 23 of the M5 – only 20 minutes from Taunton and 40 mins from Bristol.
An exciting opportunity to join a friendly, patient-focused practice Partnership in Somerset, located within easy reach of Taunton, Bristol and the beautiful Somerset coast.
The practice is multi-disciplinary, dynamic and innovative. Our focus is patient-centred care with lots of engagement with local community. We really enjoy our work, develop new services regularly, and are involved in training across different professions. We like to ensure our work is sustainable by supporting each other and looking after the health and wellbeing of practice team members. Portfolio careers are actively encouraged and there are potential future partnership opportunities available too. Our daily ‘huddle’ and having coffee together regularly enables the team to come together to support each another.
We have abandoned 'duty doctor' sessions in favour of mutual support. We have lots of expertise within the practice and you will be encouraged and supported in your own areas of special interest. We have a strong focus on training and development, and we equip our team with the skills and knowledge to be successful. We are currently looking at new models of working to future proof the practice and manage the changing demands on General Practice. You would play a key role in these decisions and the future shape of the practice.
Social prescribing underpins our work and this is supported by our in-house Health & Wellbeing Coach as well as our Village Agent. We have established a number of patient groups including an active PPG, Walking Group and Gardening Group at the practice.
This is a golden opportunity for both newly qualified GPs or experienced GPs to come and join a forward-looking, dynamic, multi-disciplinary team.
Whilst ideally we are looking for 6 sessions per week, what really matters to us is that we get the right person for our team, so we can be flexible on the working arrangements.
- Purpose-built premises just off the M5 (junction 24), and sister practice, Somerset Bridge Medical Centre, located approximately 1.5 miles away
- Combined patient list of 12250 patients, mainly young families
- GMS practice using EMIS web, Accurx, Ardens
- Practice nurse-led chronic disease management
- Student nurse training practice with plans to become a GP training practice in the future
- Friendly administrative support teams including experienced repeat prescription clerks
- Streamlined document workflow to reduce unnecessary workload
- On site surgical and contraceptive services (training opportunities available)
- CQC inspection– overall good rating with areas of outstanding practice identified
- High QOF achievement and enhanced services
- Active involvement in our local Primary Care Network and staff working in ARRS roles.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Up to 6 sessions per a week (negotiable)
- BMA model contract
- A very competitive salary, 6 weeks’ annual leave and 1 week study leave.
- Medical indemnity top-up fees paid
- Active support and encouragement to develop own special interests
- Bi-weekly protected clinical education meeting
- Daily morning ‘huddle’ and coffee/get-together for all clinicians
- No OOH but local sessions available.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact Kathy Bartley, Practice Manager or Dr Donal Hynes (GP partner) on 01278 454560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We would be more than happy to offer a taster session as a Locum GP so you can experience working within our friendly practice team.
Find out more about us by visiting our website: www.redgatemedicalcentre.co.uk