Salaried GP – Southmead and Henbury Family Practice
Southmead and Henbury Family Practice have an exciting opportunity for a GP with an interest in medicine for older people and end of life care. We are seeking a skilled, enthusiastic and motivated doctor to work in Partnership with St Monica’s Trust, across two of its award winning care homes with nursing in North West Bristol. One of those care homes has a large commissioned contract bed base working alongside the NHS and BNSSG. This role is fully supported with real time access to patient records, daily support from a Practice Pharmacist and the wider Practice team.
The role offers the opportunity to combine clinical work with flexible working hours (which can be fitted around child care arrangements / school hours). No on-call sessions are required. You will provide 4 sessions within the care homes per week, with the option of an additional Practice session.
We are a forward looking, 2 site PMS Practice. We have a broad, supportive and friendly team which includes GPs, Urgent Care Clinicians, Pharmacists, Specialist Nurses, Practice Nurses and Health Care Assistants. are at the centre of transforming patient focused care, working in collaboration with our community and social prescribers to provide the best possible pathways for patients.
We offer the opportunity to work as part of a Practice that has:
- 11,200 patients with each GP having a personal list to increase personalised care and continuity.
- CQC rated “Good”
- A purpose-built health centre and partner-owned branch surgery with garden.
- On call GPs supported by Urgent Care Clinicians.
- A variety of outside interests, with 2 Partners with BNSSG CCG roles.
- We are also a GP Training Practice with GP Registrars and a firm commitment to teaching Bristol University undergraduates.
- Excellent nursing and administrative back-up, with the whole team meeting each Friday for communication, coffee and cake.
- Weekly meetings including bi-monthly education sessions and monthly community team meetings.
We would be happy to receive applications from GPs who may be eligible to work no more than 4 sessions under the GP retention Scheme.
If you are interested in joining the Practice and would like to discuss further please contact Jade Smith, Practice Manager on 01179507150. We would welcome an informal visit.