An Essential Update about First Contact Practitioners and Advanced Clinical Practice in primary care
Somerset LMC event
Thursday 4 February 2021 at Zoom
This is a lunchtime event.
Times: 13:00 - 14:30
Somerset LMC with Somerset Training Hub
The Recording of this webinar can be viewed here (1 hour 30mins)
(Please note you will need to register your details to view)
National requirements, local progress, your responsibilities, help at hand - Live on line webinar
An invitation to all Practice Managers, GP employers and PCN managers
- For a few years now a variety of clinicians have been doing work previously done by GPs
- The numbers have increased dramatically recently as established nurses, pharmacist and paramedics in practices have been joined by physiotherapists and other new roles under the ARRS
- With this increase has come greater national guidance and requirements about what roles these professionals can undertake, what training and competences they need and what ongoing support and supervision they require to work as first contact or advanced clinical practitioners (FCP/ACP)
- GP employers, practice managers and PCN leaders all need to understand how to make the most of these varied clinicians and how to give them the conditions, support and supervision required.
- But, the national guidance runs to hundreds of pages so this one and a half hour webinar is the ideal solution.
- A mix of national and local expert contributors, short presentations, practical advice, questions answered and an offer of ongoing support make this an essential meeting for every practice and every PCN.
- Julia Taylor, Advanced Clinical Practitioner, Derby & Clinical Adviser HEE Primary Care Team
- Kerri Magnus - ANP and ACP Lead for BNSSG Training Hub and Avon LMC
- Debbie Lane, Consultant AHP and Somerset STP clinical lead for ACP
- Simon Ingram ACP physiotherapist & HEE SW Lead for ACP assessment and supervision
- Martyn Hughes Somerset Training Hub
- ACP Roadshow presentation2 - Julie Reeve & Deborah Lane.pdf
- The ACP Forum Survey 2020_KM_Final - Kerri Magnus.pdf
- FCP-AP The National Perspective.pdf
- Simon Ingram Somerset TH FCP webinar slidedeck.pdf
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Yes
Name: Sarah Johns
Phone: 01823 331428
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Please log in to book this event
This event is open to Somerset GPs, Practices and their staff in the Somerset LMC area. Some events may be open to other healthcare providers, details will be listed in the event.