Somerset LMC weekly Update Friday 23rd September 2016
Date sent: Friday 23 September 2016
All Somerset GPs and Practice Managers This and previous updates can be found here
- Focus On Gender Incongruence in Primary Care
- "Taking the Strain" Practice Managers Conference Taunton Racecourse 18th October book online
- Practice Adverts for RCGP conference 6-8th October
- Implementing the GP forward view 10th November BMA conference for SW GP
- Mini Guide to the purposes and activities of the GPDF
- GPC News September
Focus On Gender Incongruence in Primary Care A number of queries have been raised with GPC regarding the management of patients who present at their general practice with gender identity problems; including questions relating to patient records and confidentiality and, in particular, regarding prescribing and monitoring responsibilities in relation to the gender reassignment process.
In response, they have produced new guidance, which:
- Aims to explain what should be provided in primary care
- Signposts to further sources of guidance
- Highlights some of the underpinning ethical and legal considerations.
Practice Adverts for RCGP conference 6-8th October As you are aware we are taking the campaign "General Practice In Somerset- Great place great potential" to the RCGP conference in October. If practices do have vacancies would you please complete this template and return to the LMC office no later than Friday 30th September so that we are able to print and hand out to delegates. We will be tweeting and sending photos throughout the event.
TEL: 01823 331428