SGPET Weekly Update - 24 August 2020
Date sent: Monday 24 August 2020
NEWS/UPDATE BOARD - This and past updates can be found here
SGPET Events Update. Taking account of all possible advice the SGPET team has unfortunately had to make the decision that we cannot put on any same room face to face meetings before March 2021. We will instead be putting on a lot of what we are having to cancel as live Zoom events. This will include Fresh Looks, the study days and key courses. If you are already booked on an event that was due to be face to face, please be assured we will be contacting you to let you know if this will be happening via Zoom.
We are also looking at how some of our more local meetings can be rearranged to make the most of the increased access that going online can give. We hope that you will understand this situation. As ever we want to address any concerns you have and incorporate your suggestions for these online meetings - queries and ideas to : firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: An exception to this situation is the Practice Nurse Ear Care Sessions, these will be run face face with current safety measures in place as cannot be held remotely)
Resources for GP's & others in similar roles
- NEW - Our Anytime Learning page now has a new section titled Quality Improvement - This includes nine helpful online teaching videos from the Institute of Healthcare Improvement. In these short videos they break down everything from Deming's System of Profound Knowledge, to the PDSA cycle, to run charts.
Resources for Practice Nurse & others in similar roles
- Immunisation Updates PLACES STILL AVAILABLE Practice Nurse Update 27th August 10.00-12.00 & HCA's Update - 27th August 13.30-15.30 , please book via link in below courses list.
- Video Consultations and Wound Care : Link to a video on using video consults in wound care.
- Podcast on the Power of Practice Nursing : A really innovative piece of work on training nurses to do advance care plans during Covid.
- Updated and revised Yellow Fever Training Options
Somerset LMC Nurse Advisor, Paula Messenger email@example.com
Somerset LMC Respiratory Adviser, David Long firstname.lastname@example.org
- This weeks contribution from Dr Andrew Tresidder - 'Self-Care - Who cares for the Carers?'
Healthy Minds, Healthy Hands (Hartmann, non product promotional) these sessions we will be focussing on the following topics: Impact of pandemic crisis on mental health, • Spotting the signs of poor mental health, • Managing anxiety, • How to protect your mental health
These events will be conducted virtually via MS TEAMS lasting maximum an hour and will go ahead on the following dates and times;Thursday 24th September 1200 – 1300, Tuesday 29th September 1300 - 1400, Wednesday 7th October 1230 -1330
Please note spaces are limited, to register your place please email Chris.James@hartmann.info
SGPET COVID 19 online education
|27/08/20||Asthma Maintenance and Reliever Therapy (MART) David Long (REMOTE VIA ZOOM)||FULL||Link|
|27/08/20||HCA Immunisation Update (REMOTE ZOOM SESSION) (SGPET & Training)
|27/08/20||Immunisation Update for Practice Nurses (REMOTE VIA ZOOM), SGPET & Training
|01/09/20||Immunisation Training for Registered Nurses - Care Homes (REMOTE VIA ZOOM) 09:30 - 12:30
|01/09/20||Immunisation Training for Registered Nurses - Care Homes (REMOTE VIA ZOOM) 13:30 - 16:30
|01/09/20||Lord Poulett GP Discussion Group (REMOTE VIA ZOOM)
Dr Christoph Kollmeier Open General Discussion
|04/09/20||When is it Safe to Exercise Post COVID 19? Exercise for people with Long term Conditions (Remote Session)
Dr Henk Bruggers ,Dr Sathish Parasuraman ,Dr Stephen Holmes ,Dr Thomas Macconnell
- New Boxes added with Resources for Quality Improvement, New Roles and Care Homes
Somerset GP Education Trust
Crown Medical Centre
Taunton, TA2 8QY