SGPET COVID 19 Weekly Update - 15 June 2020
Date sent: Monday 15 June 2020
NEWS/UPDATE BOARD - This and past updates can be found here
- Paediatric Study Session, Wednesday 17th June 2020 - Unfortunately due to some last minute problems, some of the speakers are unable to present, however we will still be running the two sessions below. Please note these will count towards child protection hours and places are still available if you wish to join.
- 11.30 - 12.30 Child Protection - What we can learn from serious case reviews
- 15.00 - 16.00 What we can learn from child death reviews
- Frome GP Dr Rebecca Hall is working in the national 111 CCAS - Covid Clinical Assessment Service. In this informative and wide ranging YouTube video she is interviewed about this work and her experiences and advice can help us all . It covers a wide range of topics including assessment and advice, risk factors and red flags, face masks, vitamin D and breathing exercises. Like all unscripted interviews it is not a comprehensive clinical guideline but it certainly is informative, interesting and relevant. It's very much worth a watch.
Resources for GP's & others in similar roles
- Yeovil GP Update Zoom Sessions - Presentations and helpful resources from these sessions have now been added to the SGPET website, from Diabetes Foot Care, Diabetes Update, Depression and Palliative Care - These can be found on the event page on our website, you do need to be logged in to view them.
- Andrew Morrice Speaker from Yeovil GP UPdate Session - Depression, would like to make you aware of - The 'Lost' Update Course - CPD with a difference, Saturdays 27th June and 4th July, Wednesdays 1st and 8th July A 2-day course (consecutive Wednesdays and consecutive Saturdays) offering a chance to consider practical new approaches to areas like multi-morbidity, the interface between mental and physical health, self-care and ‘resilience’. The course is RCGP Accredited, and British Society of Lifestyle Medicine approved. In advance of a season of online events in the autumn the course is running twice at the end of June/early July. Places are still available. NB: Do you work in Glastonbury, Wells, Shepton or Frome? GPs and other primary care professionals in the Mendip group of PCNs will be offered this content as part of a funded project with the PCNs' Health Connections team. You are of course welcome to attend this time round if you prefer.
GP Evening Meetings this week
Taunton First 5, Asthma Exacerbations (Zoom) - Wed 17 June 7.30pm
Resources for Practice Nurse & others in similar roles
- Practice Nurse Immunisation Update - 24 June (Via Zoom) 12-2pm, a few places are now available, to book see the link below in the courses list.
- Respiratory COPD Review 4 June 2020 - Recording of this session is now available (This can be found on the event page on our website, you do need to be logged in to view it)
- CHIS Update For Practice and Immunisations Nurses: We have recently undergone a consultation with practices to discuss the issue of child Movers In (MVI) and if they should be blocked from scheduling for new immunisations. The current process is as follows: any MVI has a scheduling block applied for 35 days to ensure the CHIS receives the immunisation history from a previous CHIS or new GP. For babies under 6 months, we do not add this block due to the tight timelines on rotavirus and the possibility of the child passing the age limit. To address the issue of MVIs under 6 months old being incorrectly scheduled, we added a new column at the end of your scheduled lists going forward that highlights all children that are MVIs. This should inform your practice immunisation teams of any children who need to be reviewed before immunisations are given. If you have any comments or concerns regarding this, please get in touch with our GP Engagement Officer, Erik Renz via email (email@example.com) or mobile (07761 52568). We have recently started utilising social media to get information out and reach our stakeholders.
Somerset LMC Nurse Advisor, Paula Messenger firstname.lastname@example.org
Somerset LMC Respiratory Adviser, David Long email@example.com
Zoomed Out - Andrew Tresidder's contribution for this week. It is about how too many online meetings might make us feel less well and what we can do to prevent it.
SGPET COVID 19 online education
|17/06/20||Paediatrics Study Session (REMOTE VIA ZOOM)||Link|
|17/06/20||Taunton First 5 New GP Discussion Group - asthma exacerbations (Remote via Zoom)
Dr Rachel Winter
|24/06/20||Immunisation Update for Practice Nurses (REMOTE VIA ZOOM), SGPET & Training
|25/06/20||Managing Breathlessness in primary care and when/where to refer (Emily Johnstone, Senior respiratory physiotherapist MPH) (REMOTE VIA ZOOM)||Link|
|25/06/20||Primary Care Clinical Practitioners discussion group, Topic - What to do with a high blood pressure (Paramedics, ECPs, NPs and pharmacists seeing acute Presentations in General Practice (REMOTE VIA ZOOM)
Mr Piotr Zak
|25/06/20||Sessional/Locum GP Education Meeting - Obesity and its management, Dr Rhodri King (Endocrinologist and Obesity Specialist)(Remote via Zoom)||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (01) - Summary of the overall strategy for end of life care in Somerset during Covid 19 (Anytime Slide Presentation)||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (02) Treatment Escalation Planning Conversations COVID 19 (Anytime online tutorial and slide set)||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (03) Assessment and Decisions about Admission for suspected Covid-19 (Anytime video tutorial and downloadable slide-set)||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (04) Managing key symptoms in patients who are unwell with COVID-19 and remain in the community (Anytime Slide Presentation)
Dr Kate Shorthose
|30/06/20||EOL Series (05) How to give a subcutaneous injection. For family carers and non-registered professionals. St. Margaret’s Hospice Care ( Anytime online video tutorial)||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (06) Syringe pumps, the management of palliative care patient in the community and Covid-19 St. Margaret’s Hospice Care. (Anytime online tutorial)||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (07) Caring for the dying person: End of Life Care COVID-19 (Anytime online tutorial and slide set)||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (08) Verification of Expected Death in the community during Covid-19. (Anytime instructional video).||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (09) After death care in Somerset ( Anytime slide set presentation for downloading)||Link|
|30/06/20||EOL Series (10) Caring Has A Cost - Health and Self-Care for Health and Care Professionals (Anytime online presentation and downloadable slide set)||Link|
|30/06/20||Looking after your Professional Health Part 1- lessons in self care with Dr Andrew Tresidder for everyone working in health and care (Anytime video presentation and downloadable slide-set)||Link|
|30/06/20||Looking after your Professional Health Part 2- further lessons in self care with Dr Andrew Tresidder for everyone working in health and care (Anytime video presentation and downloadable slide-set)||Link|
|30/06/20||Rapid Induction Into Telephone Triage COVID 19 (Anytime video tutorial)||Link|
|30/06/20||Setting up or improving your Document Workflow system in your practice (Anytime Tutorial)
Dr Daniel Berrio-Galan
|30/06/20||Telephone Triage during Covid-19 - Case scenarios for online learning||Link|
|30/06/20||Telephone Triage Step 1- Preparation and Planning - April 2020 (Anytime video tutorial and slide-set)
Dr Andy Eaton
|30/06/20||Telephone Triage Step 2 – Building & Maintaining Rapport - April 2020 ( Anytime video tutorial and slide-set)||Link|
|30/06/20||Telephone Triage Step 3 - Assess the Clinical Problem & Risks - April 2020 (Anytime video tutorial and slide-set)||Link|
|30/06/20||Telephone Triage Step 4 – Make a Diagnosis and Actions (Anytime online tutorial and slide-set)||Link|
|30/06/20||Telephone Triage Step 5 – Safety Netting Document and Self Care (Anytime online tutorial and slide-set)||Link|
Somerset GP Education Trust
Crown Medical Centre
Taunton, TA2 8QY