Somerset LMC Weekly Update Friday 13th September 2019
Date sent: Friday 13 September 2019
Sent to all Somerset GPs and Practice Managers This and previous updates are available here
- Yellowhammers and Werewolves the latest blog from LMC Chairman Dr Nick Bray
- Network news
- Systemic anti-cancer treatment
- GP Team net
- The Primary Care Digital Services operating model
- SIDeR ISA
- Free Health coaching for all
- Health and Self Care-Why ever Not?
- PCN Legal and Financial Roadshow Wednesday 18th September from 18.30 at Taunton Racecourse (link) with Adrian Poole (Porter Dodson) and Andrew Spear (Lentells) – last few spaces remaining, please book online
- The BMA has been developing a package of support for Clinical Directors and PCNs. Prior to launch later this month, we wanted to provide some information about what it will include, to support PCNs in choosing their support for their own development. The package will consist of:
• Learning and Development tailored to the role of PCN Clinical Directors: Three half day face-to-face masterclasses on strategic planning, workforce planning and leadership; two e-learning modules focusing on leadership and management and quality improvement (plus access to >25 other modules); 15 webinars including ‘hot topic’ themes chosen by clinical directors; career coaching
• PCN App: a space for all PCN Clinical Directors to have discussions in different groupings (by LMC, CCG, region and also a national group), free of charge. LMCs can also opt to join the App
• National PCN Conference: content will be developed based on what clinical directors tell us what their needs are and what they want to hear
• HR support and advice: added to the current BMA membership offer tailored to the new PCN landscape
• Legal advice from BMA Law at preferential rates for BMA members
• Insurance and indemnity
Influenza: Paula Messenger the LMC GPN advisor attended a South West Flu strategy meeting last week: Nasal vaccine ordering from mid-October available from ImmForm. There may be delay in under 65 vaccine supplies so consider starting over 65 clinics? Local maternity services are providing flu vaccinations. There will be a national campaign between 24th Oct and 14th Nov. two PCNs in Somerset are working with the Local Pharmaceutical Committee to increase overall uptake. CCG will be advising Health Protection Team how they will manage outbreaks in care homes/institutions which is, we believe through Devon Doctors but Health Protection locality will have to speak to practices on management of outbreaks. Written Instructions Guidance – as previously advertised practices cannot use PGD for peer flu vaccinations and a RGN must give them.
Systemic anti-cancer treatment: T&S Trust have developed a DVD for patients to watch prior to starting systemic anti-cancer treatment. This includes chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted treatments, information for practices and patients can be found in this flyer.
GP Team net: All Practice’s signed up to this online platform via SPH, will now have received an e mail to activate their accounts. For the practices that were unable to attend the training organised by SPH this week, there is a guidance video on the homepage once signed into the programme, and clarity who are the developers are planning further webinars over the coming months, in the meantime, if you have any questions regarding your portal please do not hesitate to contact Clarity on 0191 287 5890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to help.
The Primary Care Digital Services operating model: NHS England has published Securing Excellence in Primary Care (GP) Digital Services, which outlines the Primary Care (GP) Digital Services Operating Model for 2019-21, setting out the commissioning framework for the provision of high-quality general practice digital services. The model embeds the GP IT Futures Framework, nationally commissioned digital solutions and Primary Care Networks, addresses the challenges for digitally enabled general practice and will be supported by a new CCG Practice Agreement. Read more here.
SIDeR ISA: The CCG sent the ISA out to all practices on the 19th August, they have so far received signatures from half of the Somerset practices, they would be grateful if those who are yet to return the agreement do so by the end of September, the LMC are supportive of this county wide initiative.
Health and Self Care-Why ever Not? Dr Andrew Tresidder, Somerset GP since 1983 is passionate about Health, and will be giving a talk on the 24th September as part of Taunton literary festival, full details here.
Crown Medical Centre, Venture Way, Taunton, TA2 8QY
Tel: (01823) 331 428
Fax: (01823) 338 561
We have updated our privacy policies on both the Somerset LMC and Somerset GP Education trust websites.